Users: Hierarchy view
In this hierarchy view you can access information about created users as well as see them organized by position in a hierarchy tree (various user hierarchy levels). This hierarchy system makes it easier to assign permissions to users.
The distribution is displayed on the left of the screen. A search function is also included at the top of this section so that you can search for specific users and filter by disabled user profiles. Users are colour coded to highlight whether they are active or inactive; active users are dark grey whereas inactive users are light gray.
Click above a name to view information about a user. A new window is displayed with all their data, as confirmed upon creation. Data is divided into three sections:
- User information: connection data, general information and extra fields.
- Roles and permissions: a summary of all roles assigned to the user is displayed at the top of the screen. This screen also:
- Displays all active permissions assigned to the user.
- When you click to view further information a description of what the user’s permission level enables them to do is displayed as well as the role that has been assigned to them.
- Email synchronization: synchronized email accounts.
When you click on a user, the following permission options are displayed at the top of the screen:
- Edit user information: the same screen that’s displayed when you create a new user appears.
- Duplicate user: information required for new users on the user info tab: nickname, name, surname, email, phone number, extension, photo, plus email synchronization for section data. All other information is maintained.
- Disable user: when you disable a user they are not deleted as they are with the previous case. Disabled users can no longer be invoiced or included in the SFM but all setting are maintained (roles, languages, location, etc.). Disabled users can be reactivated at any time by clicking “Activate User”, displayed when you click on the three dots that appear when you click above a client.
- Password recovery: Send a password recovery email to the user’s registered email address. Once the email has been sent a confirmation message is displayed.
- Delete user: when you delete a user they are removed from the system and cannot be recovered. When you click Delete a message is displayed asking you to confirm the action. Data created by deleted users is not deleted: activities, opportunities, etc. are maintained on ForceManager and can be consulted by other users at any time.