How to create extra fields?
Click “Create Extra Field” to create an extra field.
A drop-down menu is displayed with various fields. Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory and must be completed.
Fields that must be completed when creatingan extra field include:
- Field name*. Field descriptive name. Displayed in DB Name column in entity’s table. The prefix “Z-“.is automatically added. This enables standard fields to be differentiated and customized and they can also be viewed as displayed on the API.
- Entity*. Auto-completed field. Entity for which an extra field is being generated and which is visible by the user.
- Data Type*. Depending on the value selected from the list, a series of fields to complete are displayed.
- List values. text (opens a drop-down menu requesting character limit), list of values, multiple list of values, integer, decimal, currency, date and time, Boolean and percentage.
- Default Value. Default values vary according to what has been selected for the “Data Type” fields. If the value is regular (text, number, etc.) the displayed default value should be included. However, if the selected data type is a list or a multiple list of values, one or numerous values can be selected from said lists so that they are displayed by default. Enter the ID value and not the name or description. The ID value must be included by default.
- Numeric value, order in which a field created in the extra fields list is displayed. You can assign the extra field to a specific tab. If you don’t want to assign a tab, the field is included in the general tab by default.
- Description*. Field name as seen by end user.
- Subtitle*. Only visible on desktop app.
- Visibility by Environments. Determine environments where the field you are creating should be displayed.
- Dynamic Field. All fields can be dynamic. A dynamic field affects visibility and determines movements between multiple lists of values.
- Dynamic Values. Values that determine whether the field you are creating is displayed.
- Dependent Field. Not all fields can be dependent. Field is only enabled if you have previously selected the list or multiple list of values from the “Data Type” field. Data is displayed according to which values are selected. To complete the process, select which values are included for dependent fields (from the “List of Values” menu).
- General settings:
- Visible on all devices. Field is visible on mobile devices and web app.
- Visible on mobile devices (Android/iOS). Field is only visible on mobile devices.
- Include in visits. Field is included when visits are created.
- Include in searches. If this option is selected, field text will be included in searches.
- Read-Only. Read-only fields are not displayed in CRUD functions.
- Search with suggestions field is included as a suggestion in searches.
- Visible in Post-call
- Visible via API (v4 or superior).