Bidirectional synchronization of email and calendar
How to activate the bidirectional synchronization of email and calendar?
You will be able to activate and manage the two-way synchronization of your email and calendar from the web version of the application.
To do this, access your profile from your user icon (located in the upper right part of the application) and select the option "My profile" In the Tools section, you will find the option "Mail and Calendar Synchronization."
Once you are on the synchronization management screen, you must select what type of synchronization you want to configure.
1. Select the "Bidirectional synchronization" option if you need what you generate in ForceManager to go to your calendar and vice versa. Everything you schedule in your calendar is also imported to ForceManager.
2. Indicate what you want to synchronize. You can synchronize only your email, only your calendar, or synchronize both.
Once defined, click "sync" to enter your credentials, and the sync starts working.
You will be able to track and even edit the synchronization of your calendar to define which calendars you want to synchronize.
Also, if you need to pause or stop syncing your calendar/email at any time, you can do so with the "Stop syncing" option.
How does the bidirectional synchronization of email and calendar works?
The bidirectional synchronization of email and calendar includes the following characteristics.
With the bidirectional synchronization of email, will be registered in ForceManager both emails the ones you send and receive from your contacts and accounts of ForceManager. Remember you have quick access to your email provider from an account and contact file in the application. This activity that is registered automatically will include the following data: subject, content, and attached files.
Please note that this automatic activity can't be edited or deleted from ForceManager.
From now on you will be able to create and manage your events and tasks from either ForceManager or your email provider. ForceManager will be in charge of synchronizing both calendars.
Consider the following points.
When an event has been created in ForceManager:
- When editing an event from ForceManager, the modifications will appear in the email provider.
- When editing an event from the email provider, the modifications will appear in ForceManager.
When an event has been created from outside ForceManager:
- If you are not the owner of this event (you are a participant), you will see it in ForceManager, but you won't edit it.
- If there are participants from outside ForceManager, only their emails will be shown (not the contact chip)
- Recurrent events will be shown in ForeManager, but the user won't be able to edit them. In addition, if a unique event of the series is edited (from the email provider), this won't be modified in ForceManager.
- You will receive an email notification, but not in case of modifying created events in ForceManager.
- Not accepted events will also be added to ForceManager.