How does Duplicate Management work?
The Duplicate Management functionality in ForceManager helps you maintain an accurate and clean database by avoiding entering duplicated information when registering or editing an Account or Contact.
Information considered in the Duplicate Management check
When registering new data, the Duplicate Management functionality runs a control check on the entire database to ensure that the entered information is not replicated in another Account or Contact record. This control review also takes into consideration specific conditions:
- Uppercase and lowercase: It identifies data with different uppercase or lowercase letters but with the same information, which means it is duplicated.
- Spaces: It identifies data with different writing spaces but with the same information.
For example, if the NIF or Phone number fields include the same data but other numbers and spaces, the CRM will detect it as duplicated data.
- Phone number prefix: Identifies a phone number as a duplicate if the numbers are the same but with a different prefix or vice versa.
Fields considered in the Duplicate Management check
From the Fields menu in ForceManager Admin, you can manage and select which Fields you want to enable the Duplicate Management. The modules available for this management are Accounts and Contacts.
When enabling Duplicate Management, it will be active by default in the following Fields:
- Accounts: NIF, Phone number 1, Phone number 2, Phone number 3, Fax, Email, and Web.
- Contacts: Phone number, Skype, Linkedin, and Email Contacts.
You can preview which fields have duplicate management enabled from the last column in the fields table: Check Duplicates.
If you want to enable or disable the Duplicate Management, click on the field to open the editing window, then scroll down to the "Use this field to control duplicates" option.