3. Organizing and managing content in folders
In Analytics Pro, a folder contains different dashboards and reports, showing results obtained from analyses or queries.
Folders enable you to organize your reports and dashboards logically.
An Analytics Pro folder requires a user to have the View access level to see it and the Admin access level to change its contents. Your Analytics Pro admin may have given you the permission and folder access level needed to organize your personal folder and possibly other folders.
Folder access levels
There are two access levels that can be assigned to a user or group for any given folder.
View: With this access level, a user can see that the folder exists and be able to see the reports and dashboards inside it.
Admin: This access level lets a user do everything that the View access level does, plus make changes to the folder, such as:
- Creating and editing dashboards and tiles.
- Renaming, moving, and deleting folders and subfolders.
- Copying and moving reports and dashboards
- Deleting folders and dashboards
Creating a folder
You can create a new folder within the Shared folder or your personal folder.
To create a new subfolder, you must first access the folder where you want to place it. For example, if you're going to create a folder within the shared folder with your team, make sure that you are inside that folder:
Once you have navigated to the folder:
1. You must click on the Add button, which is in the upper right corner of the window:
2. Then, select the Create folder option:
3. In the Create folder pop-up, enter a name for the folder and determine if it will be private or shared:
4. Once you have defined the name and visibility level of your folder, click on Save.
*Note: By default, a folder inherits the folder access levels of its parent.