What steps to take before you start working with ForceManager
To start syncing your phone calls with ForceManager, all you have to do is install the application on your mobile device and log in.
The contact’s phone number field must be completed so that the calls are properly registered on ForceManager within the activity of the account concerned. You will therefore be able to see all the telephone interaction held with the customers. You can also report the content of the call so that you do not forget anything. To do so, go to activities.
The call syncing feature is only available on Android devices. For iOS and Windows Phone, only outgoing calls made from the application are registered and the call duration will not be recorded.
You can synchronize your email from the web application by going to your user settings (by clicking the photo icon in the top right of the screen). Under “Preferences” you will see the “Email synchronization” option. Here you will have to select an email provider (Gmail, Office 365/Exchange or IMAP). Depending on the provider, you will be asked different information. Gmail and Office 365, will ask you for your email address and password. Once you have entered these details, a pop-up message will appear asking for your confirmation of the synchronization. For accounts with an IMAP provider, as well as your email address, you will also be asked to enter the server, port and SSL. Only the administrator will have to enter this configuration, other users will only have to enter their email and password.
In either case, the administrator must configure their email first so that the rest of the users can synchronize theirs.
In order to set up email synchronization, the account manager must contact the consultant for the following information:
- Server type(IMAP, Exchange, Office365, Gmail)
- Server address
- Port(Optional depending on type)
- SSL or TLS(Optional depending on type)
- Username or email address to be synced (Optional depending on type)
The consultant will set up the synchronization and the rest of the users must access their profile, providing their user name and password, in order to activate email synchronization.
ForceManager adapts to you. To customize settings, on the web application, enter settings at the top right of the screen to create your user profile and configure the application to your needs.
Personalize environment: It allows you to change the currency, measurement units and the time zone. The following options are available:
- User Management: Manage, add and delete users.
- Customize Fields: Customize the application’s standard fields. For instance, add new account types and new roles for contacts, and create custom fields.
Example: Let’s suppose that after customizing account types, you need an extra field to specify the sales team member’s shift. You have the option of customizing the field by adding a list of values to the accounts, whose dropdown menu will let you choose between shifts, i.e. morning, afternoon or the entire day.
The extra fields may take on different forms:
- List of values: In this option, you can select a value from a dropdown list of values you have defined.
- Multi-selection list: In this option, you can select various values from a dropdown list of values you have defined.
- Box: This box lets you choose between two options, true or false.
- Whole or decimal number
Should you have a database of accounts, the first thing you have to do is import said database into ForceManager. The steps to follow are:
- Enter your profile at the top right of the web application.
- Click on administration.
- Go to the menu on the left, click on import data and download the template.
- Follow the steps given.
Once you have completed these steps, you are ready to set down to work!